TAMARIKI SCHOOLBOARD OF TRUSTEES
POLICY ON INTERNET USE
NUMBER 336, NAG5 Sept-07
To allow children access to safe and effective use of the information technology available through the electronic media.
- To establish safe access to email and the internet
- To support all members of the community becoming literate with the electronic media.
GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
1. Access to the Internet for children must be supervised.
2. The school will use the MoE approved central filtering service schoolzone.
3. Use of the internet is restricted to research or accessing email or any other sites chosen by a student with teachers approval or a teacher for educational purposes.
4. Sites containing material inciting to any kind of violence, racial or other prejudice or pornographic or other abuse may not be deliberately accessed by any person on school computers. Should an accidental access occur, the site must be closed down immediately and the Principal or IT supervisor informed of the site address. The site will then be added to the filters list by communication with the MoE.
5. The incident must then be logged in the incident book recording the actions taken and forwarded to the next Board meeting.
DRAFTED: Kendrick, Brennan, Edwards June 2001
REVIEWED Aug 05
REVIEWED 16/10/07, 7/13