Natural Disasters and Other Emergencies
School has a range of plans in case of Natural Disasters
Important - You need to develop your own plan for your family.
If you have children at more than one school eg a child at Tamariki and a child at high school then you need to develop a plan of action with your family for who will pick them up in the case of a natural disaster or emergency.
Snow - or Other Emergencies Closing The School
The principal will advise staff of a closure. Staff each have a list of parents and will phone the parents to inform them on the closure.
STAFF EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
FOR LOCALISED EARTHQUAKE/ TSUNAMI
In earthquake drop cover hold under table if possible
After shaking stops exit building clearing room that you are in and meet on the mound by the slide.
Warden takes over and assigns tasks to Staff/Parents.
PRINCIPAL TO ASSIGN WHO IS WARDEN AT THE TIME OF EMERGENCY.
· TASKS FOR WARDEN TO ASSIGN.
· One person to collect roll/cell phone/radio/vests and specific C.D folder from the office (If outside go around the building and enter the closest door to where the roll is).
· Warden to assign person to release children
· Roll Call.
· Mark off children and who they left with and time they left.
· One staff member assigned to clear all the rooms in the building whilst roll call is happening.
· One person assigned to communication being texts, radio, and parent liaison.
· Attend to frightened and injured community members.
· Blankets Food Water.
· C.D blue wheelie bin to be collected from locker room cupboard
· Check building for any damages so we know whether it is practical to be used if we need a high area.
· If practical put blankets etc in building before leaving.
The fire alarm sounds. Everyone evacuates the building and assembles by the gate entrance near the railway carriage. Staff are assigned an area of the school to check for people who may have frozen due to fear, or are trapped. A roll call is taken to ascertain if everyone is present.