TAMARIKI SCHOOL BOARD OF TRUSTEES
POLICY ON FIRST AID
NUMBER 323 1999
The Board requires guidelines and procedures for responding to first aid needs.
1. To provide appropriate help in case of accident or medical emergency.
2. To ensure that there are adequately trained staff available to deal with such emergencies.
1. The staff should all take CPR and related emergency training annually.
2. At least two staff members should take a full first aid course or refresher course once every three years so that there is always a currently certificated first aider on the school staff.
3. A First Aid Officer should be appointed at the beginning of each year, with responsibility for First Aid administration and supplies.
4. All staff should be familiar with the school First Aid procedures.
DRAFTED BY: Michell, Kendrick, Edwards March 1999
PRESENTED: 1999 PUBLISHED: 1999
ADOPTED: 1999 REVIEWED: 2003, 2013